About Christ Medicus
As a member of Christ Medicus, you actively live your faith each day in support of:
- Christ-centered care and caring for the whole person from the moment of conception to natural death.
- The unique and profound patient-physician relationship grounded in the dignity of the individual and our faith.
- The active presence of physicians who dedicate themselves in vocation to serve their patients — through love and dignity.
- The promotion and development of partner resources with Catholic Health Systems and integrated provider practices.
- The empowerment of Catholic-based health plans, health sharing ministries and technology delivery partners that commit themselves to serve the Church and the faithful.
- The active defense of our faith.
- The active evangelization of our faith.
- The promotion and active stewardship of life and health as a gift of God — that is our responsibility.
- The promotion of active Catholic health care and caring success in the marketplace.
- The active defense of religious liberty and individual right of conscience.
At the Christ Medicus Foundation — we are all — together serving and caring — actively for the Body of Christ — His Church and our members in need. It is caring as Christ asks us to care, to love, to live abundantly.
Since its founding in 1997, the Christ Medicus Foundation (CMF) and our mission of Christ-centered caring has focused on four pillars of action:
- The active living of the Christian faith, in daily life, reflecting God’s love and the teachings of his church through the presence of active Christ-centered health care and health caring.
- The active education of religious and lay leaders on the critical importance of true and active Christ-centered health care and caring, focused fully on the dignity and sanctity of the individual, the value of the whole human person, and the promotion of the culture of life at all stages of human life and spiritual development from the moment of conception to natural death.
- The active promotion, building, support and defense of the Christian faith through the active presence of Christ-centered health care and health caring in daily living by:
- providing for the care of all, inclusive of those most in need
- actively protecting and defending the right of individual conscience of health care providers and patients in the practice of their faith, and
- actively promoting the presence of Christ-centered health care and health caring at the point of commerce, the financial transactions of health caring.
- The active establishment, promotion and unification of true Christ-centered health care and health caring through the best-practice management of a national set of Christ-centered health plans and options licensed, authorized, and financially supported by Christ Medicus.
To succeed in the delivery of Christ-centered health care, we must understand that it is not enough to set a single objective. Rather, it is a requirement that we set out each day to light and toil in the creation of whole solutions focused on the individual person and their improved health and wellbeing. That is, we successfully establish, manage and promote the growth of Christ-centered health care and health caring in the marketplace through our active success, partenerships, and investments, together in community and in commerce. This realization is Christ Medicus' dedication and passion.