Digital Health Care Conference Hosted by the Christ Medicus Foundation
For Immediate Release
Troy, MI (May 7, 2020)
The response to COVID-19 has rapidly redefined our country’s approach to health care. There is an urgent need to inform and educate the public about the underlying long-term impacts on medical care, religious freedom, bioethics, and the future of faith-based health care. In order to chart a path forward, it is crucial to share the experiences of front-line workers, understand the threats to religious freedom and health care, and propose solutions that inherently protect the human dignity of all persons. To that end, the Christ Medicus Foundation will be hosting a Digital Health Care Conference, Saturday, May 16th from 11am – 1:30pm EDT to address the issues surrounding the pandemic, religious freedom, and the future of Catholic health care.
“We have heard so much about ‘unprecedented times’, but so little about what the long-term effects of our response will be on religious freedom and faith-based care”, said James Wilson, CMF CURO Director of Operations. “By bringing together many of the individuals and institutions who are directly battling with these issues—treating patients, protecting our religious freedom, advocating for just bioethical standards, and articulating new health care solutions—we hope to raise national awareness and inspire coordinated action.”
In this live Zoom conference, field experts from many organizations such as The National Catholic Bioethics Center, MyCatholicDoctor, Emmaus Health, Alliance Defending Freedom, and Bella Health + Wellness will address the following topics:
- Maintaining Spiritual Peace & Mental Health during and after Pandemic
- The Latest Coronavirus Updates
- Health and Prevention Updates & Techniques
- Problems Facing Catholic Clinics & Possible Solutions
- Concerns Relating to Bioethics, Civil Rights & Religious Freedom
Speakers will include, among others:
- Dede Chism, MSN, PNNP, Executive Director, Bella Health + Wellness
- Rusty Chavey, M.D., Emmaus Health
- Joseph Meaney, Ph.D., President, National Catholic Bioethics Center
- Arnoldo Padilla Vazquez, M.D., MyCatholicDoctor
- Matt Sharp, J.D., Senior Counsel and State Government Relations National Director, Alliance Defending Freedom
- Michael Vacca, J.D., Director of Ministry, Bioethics, and Member Experience, Christ Medicus Foundation
- Louis Brown, J.D., Executive Director, Christ Medicus Foundation
- And More!
Date: Saturday, May 16th, 2020
Time: 11am – 1:30pm, EDT
The Christ Medicus Foundation invites you to join them for this time critical digital conference.
Share this Digital Conference on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn:
About the Christ Medicus Foundation (christmedicus.org): The Christ Medicus Foundation is a Catholic 501(c)3 non-profit founded in 1997, dedicated to sharing the love of God in health care through defending religious freedom in health care and building a Christ-centered Catholic health care economy that serves the Church, the laity, and the poor and vulnerable.
CONTACT: Becky Escher, Marketing & Communications Manager, (817) 371-1979; firstname.lastname@example.org